THE SECOND HALF: The 31 Days of Fraud Prevention Month PART 2
Days 15 -31 of Fraud Prevention Month! Our summary of our tips to date helping Windsor Essex SECURE and ORGANIZED.
Week 3 – Minimize your risk! Keep your Docs Organized and Get a Handle on your Personal Info
Week 4 & Beyond – Beware of Scams, Id Theft, & Fraudsters!
Useful Links and tips!
- Do use a RFID Card Case to protect Credit Cards
- Only put your info into websites that show A LOCK before the site name (look for it in the top left of your browser)
- Store your sensitive documents in a secure manner – consider offsite: https://firststopservices.ca/document-management/
- Shred all documents you know longer need: https://firststopservices.ca/shredding/
- Keep this list handy – in case you think you are a victim of ID THEFT – time is of the essence https://firststopservices.ca/2016/03/march-2016-the-most-important-list-we-hope-youll-never-use/
- Double check that your company and the companies you do business with meets Payment Card Industry Security Standards https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/